Fireproof Blackout Curtains
Our fire retardant blackout curtains pass the NFPA 701 test, one of the most rigid tests in the fabric industry.
Fabrics used in commercial spaces are required by law to be certified as fire-retardant according to NFPA (National Fire Protection Association). At Blackout Curtains, all of our blackout curtains are NFPA 701 certified. NFPA 701 (Small Scale) testing measures the ignition resistance of a fabric after it is exposed to a flame for 12 seconds. The flame, char length, and flaming residue are recorded.
All of our custom, fireproof curtains also offer:
- Complete blackout abilities. 100% light protection, no light is able to penetrate through, even the seams.
- Versatility for your space. Our blackout curtains are able to be moved, allowing you complete light control for your space.
- Flexible color options. We carry black/black, black/white or white/white fabrics in stock.
Testing requirements for our fireproof fabric to meet the proper NFPA 701 criteria:
- An after flame of less than 2.0 seconds
- A char length of less than 6.5”
- The specimen does not continue to flame after reaching the floor of the test chamber
We can provide a certificate upon request.
Common Fireproof Blackout Curtain Applications:
- Hospital Rooms, Medical Clinics, Nursing Homes, Emergency Rooms, & Other Medical Facilities
- Grow Rooms